2011年11月27日星期日

Why use a Storage Flash Drive as a Backup Tool

Why use a Storage Flash Drive as a Backup Tool?

Everyone knows you should back up your files. Not everyone does it. I know this by personal experience, having just lost the use of my laptop. Although the hard drive was not the culprit, the repair process is sure to cause me loss of all my files on that laptop. The good news for me is that there was nothing there I did not have duplicated elsewhere. But there could have been. If I had been diligent as I know I should, the files on that laptop would have regularly backed up and I would not have had a moments worry about loss.

Here is where a USB flash drive would have come in handy. Storage Flash Drives have easy drag and drop capabilities as backups. Capacities range from a few hundred megabytes to tens of gigabytes. Flash drives are even better than CDs for this purpose because they create files faster and are much more flexible for updating files. CDs largely are a burn once instrument, whereas a flash drive can be updated thousands of times at least.

You do not need to backup all the files on your drive. Programs can be reinstalled. Many times data files produced by those programs would be difficult or impossible to recreate. So backup those files you have created (letters,artwork,even emails) and call it a day. It is helpful if you note where those files need to go in the reinstalled programs.

I know that I for one am going to get a large capacity usb thumb drive to use as a backup tool. I have learned first hand how quickly a computer can go south and how important it is to back up important and sometimes irreplaceable files regularly.

This article from Dreamyoup

没有评论:

发表评论